STAR #474 Manassas, VA

Maint & Equip Tips

Forum Home > General Discussion > Safety Warning Lights

Wayne Vick
Site Owner

I use to carry chemical road flares in my saddlebags in case of an accident. They are bulky, dangerously flamable, and sometimes break getting chemicals on other things in the saddlebags. I recently replaced my flares with specialized LED "Puck" Warning lights. These lights are 4" in diameter and about 1.5 " thick (their small) and operate on 2 AAA batteries. They have different 8 modes - rotating, double blink, single blink, alternating blink, SOS, steady on low and high, 2-LED and 4-LED Flashlights. In use they can be placed on the bike or use several on the ground to direct others away from you.  They are made by a company called CE Tech (for Home Depot). I got my "8-Function Warning Lights" online for $7.88 and picked them up at the local store to avoid extra shipping charges.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/iron-bridge-ce-tech-led-8-function-warning-light-305202.html

--

Wayne

STAR 474

2012 President

December 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wayne Vick
Site Owner

I recently had to use my lights on Route 50 near the beltway when I lost all power to my bike around mid-day. They kept vehicles off of me until I was able to walk the bike off the road. However, after that no one paid any attention to them. In fact, trucks appeared to go out of their way to hit them. They don't stand up too well to heavy trucks. Will keep the ones I have left for night time use.

--

Wayne

STAR 474

2012 President

December 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.